Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane...

Today Kent and I went to the parentals for dinner--which included a nice walk down memory lane.  My sister and I spent much of the afternoon just laughing our asses off because some of our stories from our childhood are absolutely ridiculous.

Nostalgia must've been in the air because the moment the kids walked in the door, they wanted to go down to the basement--Fuzz to shoot pool, wanting Roo and I to be there down there with him.  I went down there, planning on writing my article for this week's Glass Heel contribution, with Marissa following shortly.  Five minutes in, Marissa started pulling down all the old photo albums.  We started flipping through the pages--in awe at all the time that's gone by.  It's funny how easy it is to determine age, based on the look of the teeth!  I couldn't stop oohing and ahhing--I seriously made some very beautiful children.

So even though my family is constantly busting my balls for taking a million pictures, I know that one day my kids will be all grown up, with families of their own.  And I'll have my pictures to look back on and reminisce, to share with them, and to pass along to their kids someday.  Pictures have the ability to stop time--to take me back to any day I wish to remember.

I'll keep on snapping away, putting my shots into albums, and loving those moments when we sit around the albums talking about the "good ole' days..."

No comments:

Post a Comment