Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary, My Love.

Today is our 2nd Anniversary.  Time is already going by so quickly!  I can't believe that it's already been two years since we made our vows at Washington Park in Denver and had our little reception at the Denver Chop House.  

Each year I feel closer and closer to my husband--he's truly my rock, my best friend, my love.  As cliche' as it sounds, it's true.  I still have the emails that he sent to me when we were just friends, talking about our day, our kids, our lives.  I love the way he listened--the way he wants to know what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling, who I am.  He supports me, isn't threatened by my intellect or by my intrinsic motivation.  He encourages me with all I strive to be.  He's my number one fan--and I'm his.  

I'm so proud of him.  I love the fact that he's not afraid to go after his dreams.  I love how incredibly loyal and kind he is.  I love how silly we are.  I love the fact that when we go on double dates, especially with friends who are dating new people (I won't mention who this may be...Tina), and I take on the role of interrogator, that my husband laughs and accepts that's just who I am.  I love when he shakes his head and says, "I can't believe you just said that" or "Did that seriously just come out of your mouth?" or just shakes his head with that chuckle that only he possesses.

I love that it's taken him so long to open up to people around us.  He's himself no matter what--another thing I love about him.  I love that we can have completely opposite points of view, and he never belittles or tries to talk me out of things.  I love that we can discuss our views, and learn a little from the other.  I love that he appreciates my independence--and doesn't try to take that from me.  

I love that he starts the laundry, cooks dinner, vacuums or does whatever needs doing.  I love that he respects my hatred of roses and gives me flowers when least expected.  I love that he gets up to greet me should I arrive home after him.  I love that we go grocery shopping together every single Sunday, and make the list together too.  

I love that he loves to read.  I love that he doesn't absolutely detest chick flicks.  I love that he appreciates the passion I bring when watching the great Green Bay Packers.  I love that he's a man's man and does all the repairs around the house or for the cars.  I love that he's a dog guy.  I love the words he writes to me in cards that mean a lot.  I love the way he'll leave them on the bathroom sink, just ready for me when I awaken.  I love the way he wakes me up to give me a hug and kiss good-bye in the morning.

I love his sensitive side that very few get to witness.  I love the way he is with his friends--the way they love him and he loves them.  I love the way he invents new sayings--like ride the lightening.  I.E. Gator you better sit down or you'll ride the lightening--referring to the zapper, should he misbehave.

There's so many things I love about my husband.  I'm one lucky girl.

Happy 2nd Anniversary, my love.  I love you very much!


1 comment: