Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring...Please Stay for Awhile.

It is so beautiful out--and has been all week.  There's nothing like walking through the neighborhood with my husband and Gates on these warm, springlike evenings.  I love our conversations, or sometimes just quiet walks that we have.  Gates, on the other hand, is like a puppy on crack.  I swear he goes 10 miles to our 1.5.  He runs around in circles, back and forth, back and forth.  And god help us all when he sees a bunny.  Our dog has some serious issues.  The cutest part though, where cars even slow down to look at him, is when he sits at the corner to wait to cross.  It's just so damn cute.  Tomorrow I'll take a picture.

My son is my child that loves to be outside--it's where he is as I write this.  When I was on my way to the gym today, I called the kids to make sure they made it home safely.  Marissa was telling me that Brandon locked her outside of the house.  "WHAT!"  I yelled and had her put her brother on the phone.  He started to laugh, in that prankster-on-the-prowl way that he does--telling me he'll tell me all about it when I got home.  Hmmm...

Dinner was yummy--French dip, roasted potatoes with onions and green beans, and broccoli.  Oh how I love my crockpot!  Once I had everything ready, we sat down at the table--with me ready to hear how Roo got locked out of the house.  She was still fuming a bit when Fuzz starting relaying the story.

"Mom, it's beautiful out," he began, "and she wanted to just sit in the house and watch T.V."

"I was watching a movie, if you don't mind," she snapped his way.

"She said to me she didn't want to go outside.  I kept bugging her and she told me there's no way I could get her to go."

"So what did you do?" I asked, knowing he was up to something.

"I grabbed her Ipod, ran outside and put it out there.  When she ran out of the house, I ran back in and locked the door."

I just looked at him and shook my head.

"See what I have to put up with!"  Marissa said, with her brother laughing next to her.  He's such a pain in the ass, although he was right--it is beautiful outside and they both should be out there instead of in the house.

After dinner, Marissa went back to her movie and Brandon called a friend to hang out.  And that's where they are, hanging outside in the dirt somewhere.  He actually brought his remote control Jeep to maneuver around out there.  I love that he loves to play outside still.

So my son just walked in the door, and I discovered that no, he didn't play with his remote control Jeep.  Instead they tore around in his friend's Jeep--rallying around.  Oh well, at least he was outside!  =)






No comments:

Post a Comment