Monday, July 30, 2012

On Sabbatical

It's been awhile since I've blogged or written any articles for the Glass Heel (only one up last week, another to be published this week--that's it for the summer...).  I've been working aimlessly on my first YA (young adult) novel.  I'm up to 43,000 words and Chapter 21.  So I've been a bit preoccupied with that...and hope to finish it by next week.  Writing the ending of a book is bittersweet and with this book it's no difference.  It always amazes me where a story ends up--and where this one is ending up so far is not at all where I planned it to be.  This story is a coming of age for a young girl in the Midwest.  There's the laughter, the tears, the confusion, the hard knocks--ya' know, all those things that are needed when growing up.

On that note, my first book--Mr. Rights Gone Wrong--is in the works to get published.  I'm hoping to be sitting in the Tattered Cover at my first book signing in the next 6 months.  I love that this store really embraces Colorado authors.  While I don't expect to make money, yet, I have learned the importance of networking, networking, networking.  I'm not a good networker...although my husband disagrees.

The novel I'm currently working on--Everything--will most likely be seen another year from now--I already have the sequel spinning in my mind...  One day I hope to be a full-time author.  For now, it's a dream that I am demanding to come true.

So that's where I've been, in case you've wondered.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to stand in line at the Tattered Cover to get a signed copy!

    ReplyDelete