Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blessed.

Some nights, when I'm perusing the Internet, I come across some pretty amazing stories. There's one blog in particular that I found a few months ago--one that I've found myself going back to and reading the updates, following the stories, looking through the photo and even watching the videos. I feel connected to this family--one I've never met, yet their story has touched my heart.

I step back and think about my life--about my kids and my husband, and I feel so incredibly blessed. There were times when life was starting to get the best of me, when I didn't think things would ever turn around... and then they did.

And it's made me realize how important it is to take in every day--even the really shitty ones--and grab ahold of it for what it is, and for what it isn't.

This past year has been filled with so many blessings. From celebrating our 6th anniversary, to buying our first home together, to being empty nesters--to living life with a man I love and who loves me back. There are so many days when we're sitting under the stars in the hot tub and we look at each other and say, "God, I love our life." Because we do.

We're so lucky in so many ways. Not a day goes by that I don't send up a prayer of thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment